Credit Card 
Debt Consolidation
Google

Thursday, April 17, 2008

A day with Nathan

I get to spend a full day with my young hunk yesterday, Thursday. They are on school holiday and since we don't have a nanny, me and my husband had to take turns on looking after him. After my husband went off for work, I just did a little bit of my house chores, while my son was busy doing his stuff like drawing and writing and making paper aeroplanes. After the chores, I sat down with him, he was still busy on his drawings but upon realizing I was sitting in front of him, just staring on what his doing, he immediately stopped and looked at me and asked, "Mama, do you want me to tell you a story?". I replied, "Of course, what's the story about?" And then he went on and on and on and on ... giggling, laughing, full of energy. I noticed every time he made me laugh, he would even try harder to be funny. I just sat there just listening and watching him, I can feel his excitement because he knew he had my full attention. I was actually looking him straight in the eye while he narrated his story.

It really struck me. I never really knew how big-a-deal it was for Nathan to have my full attention on him. He was rather a very good boy that day, everything I asked of him, I don't have to say twice ... he would immediately follow without any tantrums, arguments and negotiations. I think its his way of saying "Thank you Mom for giving me your time today!" I was teary eyed last night while I was telling this to my husband.

We always run like crazy people everyday that sometimes we overlook the needs of our kids. We look around in search for things that would make us happy like buying expensive junks, yeah, it will just make us happy for awhile but at that moment, just meeting Nathan's eyes really gave me unequal amount of happiness right through the deepest part of my heart. I am really glad we had that day and from now on, I will strive to be like that every single day.

5 comments:

Wendy Lopez-Redaon said...

awwww thats so sweet. I am happy you've had a moment with Nathan =) I think kids tend to act rowdy partly because they want our attention. I've noticed this too with my niece.

Its true I guess, at the end of the day its LOVE that really matters!

The Sleepy Mom said...

Hahaha ... yeah I guess so. Thanks for the comment again Wendy. Have a nice day. :)

Anonymous said...

nice.., pls visit http://indiafootball.blogspot.com as well http://stockdummy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I remember my own daughter Lalaine, the way she always call me repeatedly as long as I didn't look on her eyes... So I always make it a point to be attentive on whatever she wanted to say to me.

Children are contented when they feel they have their parent's attention on them.

The Sleepy Mom said...

Yeah Belen, you're correct. Thanks for visiting again as always. Hope you get to spend more time with Lalaine. Children grow up so fast this days.leep

Word of the Day

Article of the Day

This Day in History

Today's Birthday

In the News

Quote of the Day

Spelling Bee
difficulty level:
score: -
please wait...
 
spell the word:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 

Hangman
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online